Senior Consultant (Minneapolis)
Minneapolis, MN /
Client & Consultative Services /
The Senior Consultant will leverage their experience, skills, knowledge, and innovative ideas to effectively develop new business and help our existing clients continue to grow. This role will provide strategic business leadership from acquiring new clients to developing branding, digital marketing, design, and/or development initiatives for clients and is particularly adept at developing additional business opportunities.
Tallwave is taking steps to expand geographically and establish a foothold in the Minneapolis area. This position could play a foundational role in this effort. As such, we are looking for a candidate based in the Minneapolis area with a demonstrable network to aid in acquiring clients there.
The Senior Consultant will:
- Build a book of business by working with the sales team who will create introductions and identify opportunities that the consultant can foster.
- Manage, protect, and grow assigned clients
- Source and develop new business opportunities within your personal network.
- Partner with Tallwave executives on strategies to deepen client relationships and unlock revenue opportunities.
- Oversee and manage a team of consultants.
- Ensure client deliverables meet Tallwave's quality standards and reflect the client's goals and strategies.
- Understand your clients, their business goals and challenges, and how Tallwave may partner on solutions.
- Lead collaboration sessions, in partnership with Practice Area Leads and the Insights and Planning team, to develop business road maps on behalf of the client.
- Mitigate risk by communicating proactively with clients and internal leadership.
- Understand and assist with forecasting client revenue projections for the managed account base.
- Drive any client request through to completion with great autonomy, in consultation with leadership, if needed.
- Be able to think broadly while simultaneously moving to resolve issues quickly and bring projects to closure.
- Develop relationships with prospects, clients, and agency partners to create open lines of communication that achieve common goals and long-term objectives.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to initiate, develop, and sustain relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Have a confident executive presence.
- Become (or continue being) a regular member in the Minneapolis business community, including frequent attendance and/or involvement with networking organizations.
A successful Tallwave Senior Consultant will:
- Manage the above duties with curiosity, creativity, and innovation.
- Seek out the best ideas and input from team members through productive feedback.
- Have a passion for business development.
- Demonstrate knowledge in strategic planning and execution of go-to-market approaches.
- Develop recommendations for long-term transformational programs.
- Develop experimental approaches and tools to improve upon our consulting services.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Partner with the Research team to understand available research to validate the client's challenge or opportunity.
- Summarize data and facts to develop a logical conclusion and next steps.
- Be comfortable with public speaking, and possess superb communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience selling high end, project-based, professional consulting services.
- 8-10 years of experience in account management, corporate marketing, or consulting.
- 3 years of practical hands-on experience working in acquisition or retention marketing, brand strategies, product development, or lifecycle management.
- Experience working with big brands and integrated campaigns that drive business results.
- Experience in an agency or consulting firm is a plus.
- Possess strong financial and operational acumen, as well as analytical skills to challenge best practices.
Why you should join Tallwave:
- Trust. Tallwave trusts its employees and believes that they will do good work.
- We foster empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- You’ll work with others who are excellent at what they do.
- Upward mobility for career growth. We’re looking to develop leaders.
- Recognition. We have a culture of encouraging one another.
- Generous time-off policy.
- Catered “Lunch & Discuss” meetings semi-monthly.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k).
- Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- Control over your own destiny.
Job may require sitting for long periods of time and minimal if any, lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.