San Francisco, CA
Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provide a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Are you driven to make a real-world impact while leveraging public cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes and microservices? Do you consider yourself as an expert in securing, scaling and optimizing Kubernetes infrastructure and orchestration? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for a Kubernetes consultant to join our Engineering Operations team to help us accelerate our Tally engineers’ ability to automate people’s entire financial lives.
Core Technologies: Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus, Datadog, Postgres RDS, Redis, Puppet, Terraform, Scala, SBT, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab) and various AWS services such as EC2, RDS, EMR, ECS, Redshift etc.
- Evaluate production readiness of our existing Kubernetes implementation, fix gaps and roll it out to Production
- Implement Kubernetes and consistent deployment/management practices across all environments (dev, staging and production) for all services in AWS
- Collaborate with Production Ops and application teams in ensuring best practices are followed and infrastructure provisioning, deployments can be self-serviced
- Work with development teams to create deployment templates for existing microservices
- Drive CI/CD efforts for all of our services in a consistent and reliable manner in production, at scale
In this role we value:
- Expert level proficiency in Kubernetes at scale, microservices architecture and service meshes
- Experiences with containerization technologies like docker, ECS, EKS
- Experience implementing state of the art monitoring and alerting for microservices in kubernetes with grafana/prometheus
- Experience in automating Ops tasks using Puppet, Packer and TerraformExperience with CI/CD tools suite (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Spinnaker, Harness, CircleCI,..)
- Ability to thrive in a startup/fast-paced environment
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO