Senior iOS Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Tally helps people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series B with $42MM in funding, Tally is the first automated debt manager for consumers. We help separate the burden of credit cards from the benefits, enabling people to use credit cards for their convenience and rewards without the stress of managing multiple payments or accruing unnecessary fees. Tally's vision is to automate consumers' whole financial lives, starting with America's $1 trillion credit card debt.
Our iOS team takes on broad ownership at Tally: strategically driving building processes, tooling, and technical architecture. At Tally, our iOS development has a strong voice and when faced with building things fast or right, we always lean towards quality.
Core technologies are Objective C and Swift. Our team leverages RESTful APIs.
- Collaborate with all dev teams to build new features and their integration with back-end services while maintaining existing features and being a force of proposition for architecture improvements
- Contribute to feature specifications and have a voice in what you’re building throughout the feature-building process
- Define and strategically contribute to the mobile team’s processes and tooling
- Maintain a high standard of design by crafting beautiful UI for our users
- Explore and advocate for new iOS frameworks and tools in order to keep Tally iOS technology innovative and relevant
- Develop with testing in mind and leverage testing frameworks in order to produce consistent, high quality features
In this role we value:
- Strong knowledge of both Objective-C & Swift with a solid understanding of mobile design patterns, modern or more traditional
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, able to work both manually or with autolayout to build UI
- Experience with CoreAnimation
- Familiarity working with and designing REST APIs
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO