Power Electronics Engineer Integration/Testing
Los Angeles, California /
If you have the passion to build real flying hardware, innovate, work collaboratively, and have the desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today!
At Talyn, we believe there is a better way to meet our clients' needs. We are developing unmanned electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for cargo. An animation of the system can be seen at www.talyn.com.
We are currently flying subscale prototypes and look forward to tackling the hard challenge of making mid-air separation and docking of aircraft a reliable reality by building a team of dedicated experts to help enable its success across multiple market segments.
- Test and evaluate power electronics systems, Motors, DCDC, Charging Systems, sensors, actuators, electrical distribution components, data busses, and wiring selections with experience in CAN.
- Build/design power distribution boxes, high voltage and low voltage harnesses.
- Route wires, Select and make signal and power connectors, test battery cells, modules, packs.
- Work with suppliers on parts selections.
- Develop and document requirements for the E-VTOL
- Interface between team members to ensure a successful integration effort
- As Talyn is a startup, you will be expected to wear many hats, work in the lab as much or more than at your desk, make critical design and business decisions.
- Electrical engineering BSEE, MSEE
- Experience with EE test systems, Multimeter, oscilloscope, soldering, power analyzer
- You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before
- B.S. / M.S in Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 0-3 years experience with electric propulsion systems
- CAD, CAN, Matlab/simulink, circuit simulations tools are a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Private pilot’s license or higher
- Experience applying Functional Safety processes and standards to safety-critical aerospace system
- Experience or understanding of hardware validation testing at various levels for battery and power systems.
Talyn offers a very competitive salary range, a comprehensive benefits package that includes group Medical, Dental, Life, and Short and Long-Term disability coverages. We also offer significant equity in the company. Relocation assistance is provided if needed, this position is located on-site with the team in Los Angeles, CA
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.