Flight Software Engineer
Los Angeles, California /
If you have the passion to build real flying hardware, innovate, work collaboratively, and have the desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today!
At Talyn, we believe there is a better way to meet our clients' needs. We are developing unmanned electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for cargo. An animation of the system can be seen at www.talyn.com.
We are currently flying subscale prototypes and look forward to tackling the hard challenge of making mid-air separation and docking of aircraft a reliable reality by building a team of dedicated experts to help enable its success across multiple market segments.
We are looking to hire a Flight Software Engineer that will be focused on planning and execution for flight testing our next prototypes, multi-hundred-pound aircraft, and future iterations. This role will be at our headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
- Design, implementation, and testing of critical flight software components along with the verification of integrated flight control systems
- Implementation and analysis of the flight state machine
- Design of fault detection and response for critical flight software components
- Development of prototypes to confirm design decisions
- Development and maintenance of tools and tests for automatic verification of the flight software integration
- As Talyn is a startup, you will be expected to wear many hats, get your hands dirty with the hardware, and make critical design and business decisions
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Experience and in-depth understanding of networking protocols
- Self-starter with high accountability suited to work in a dynamic startup atmosphere
- Ability to quickly learn new skills as required to solve problems
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues and risks to a broad audience
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive and enjoyable working environment for themselves and the team
- Must be willing to work full time on-site with the team in Los Angeles, CA
- Experience with critical control systems
- Experience with realtime operating systems
- Experience with vehicle communication busses
- Demonstrated experience with the design, testing, and deployment of flight software on flight vehicles
- Experience running system level architectural trades
Talyn offers a very competitive salary range, a comprehensive benefits package that includes group Medical, Dental, Life, and Short and Long-Term disability coverages. We also offer significant equity in the company. Relocation assistance is provided if needed, this position is located on-site with the team in Los Angeles, CA
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.