Head of Defense Business Development
Los Angeles, California /
If you have the passion to build real flying hardware, innovate, work collaboratively, and have the desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today!
At Talyn, we believe there is a better way to meet our clients' needs. We are developing unmanned electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for cargo. An animation of the system can be seen at www.talyn.com.
We are currently flying subscale prototypes and building large scale prototypes for the US Air Force.
We are looking to hire a Head of Defense Business Development to spearhead our Department of Defense customer efforts. This role will be at our headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
- We are looking for a defense business development specialist to get Talyn into the defense marketplace. The individual will be responsible outreach to defense groups to establish relationship, writing SBIR and contract proposals, tracking SBIR and other grant opportunities, and transitioning Talyn from SBIR to OTA or similar contracts and eventually a program of record.
- Self-starter with ability to quickly learn new skills as required to solve problems
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a broad audience with different technical backgrounds
- Ability to create and drive a defense customer discovery and sales process
- Ability to aggressively pursue new contacts and leads
- Familiarity with the Department of Defense, defense contracting, and how the different groups interact
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive and enjoyable working environment for themselves and the team
- Ability to work effectively in a high paced, dynamic environment
- 3-10+ years of experience in aerospace defense business development
- 3-10+ years in the Department of Defense
- A deep rolodex in aerospace and defense
- Demonstrated experience taking a technical startup from a concept through to paying defense customers
- Demonstrated experience dealing with long sales cycles and customer relationship building
- Familiarity with aircraft and logistics
Talyn offers a very competitive salary range, a comprehensive benefits package that includes group Medical, Dental, Life, and Short and Long-Term disability coverages. We also offer significant equity in the company. Relocation assistance is provided if needed, this position is located on-site with the team in Los Angeles, CA.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.