Internship or CO-OP (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
Los Angeles, California /
If you have the passion to build real flying hardware, innovate, work collaboratively, and have the desire to be part of a team that wants to win together, apply today!
At Talyn, we believe there is a better way to meet our clients' needs. We are developing unmanned electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for cargo. An animation of the system can be seen at www.talyn.com.
We are currently flying subscale prototypes and look forward to tackling the hard challenge of making mid-air separation and docking of aircraft a reliable reality by building a team of dedicated experts to help enable its success across multiple market segments.
- Local Candidates Only (Los Angeles Metro Area)
- This ROLE for FULL TIME only between September to Dec/January
- Talyn is looking for a competent electrical and electronics Engineering Intern that can assist the team in assembly of prototype vehicles, lab set up
- This is an opportunity to work on new and innovative products the industry has never seen before
- Day to day activities include working in the prototype shop on eVTOL electrically including the wiring, electrical modules, high voltage and low voltage architecture
- Also supporting the e-Powertrain department in bench level testing, eVTOL level testing for different Electrical Controls Units. Battery, Powersystems.
- Some soldering skills required, and Rapid Prototyping is a plus
- This role is ideal for candidates that are self-motivated to learn quickly, and able to excel in the start-up environment (fast-paced, small team, wear many hats).
- Capable of working in a lab environment with minimal supervision with hand tools, screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, advanced experience with automotive, aerospace repairs and maintenance.
- Capable of operating power tools, drills, saws, grinders, with minimal supervision familiar with torquing and calibration tools
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50lbs
- Experience in wiring, routing, sizing.
- Communicate with suppliers for parts and general supplies and transport parts and supplies
- Must be able to identify issues and debug harness
- Must be able to read and understand schematics, assist engineering in building test benches and prototype harness
- Able to do airplane level and bench level testing and integration
- Basic Electrical engineering knowledge
- Able to use basic Electrical Engineering tools Multimeter, Oscilloscope, power analyzer, low voltage power supply, signal generators etc.