Software Engineer, Full Stack
Position Overview: We are looking for multiple Full Stack Software Engineers in Palo Alto, CA. You will be responsible for creating new and impactful features on our website that will change the way our customers understand and interact with Osmo!
Company Overview: Who we are: Osmo is an award-winning accelerated learning system that changes the way children interact with games. Osmo games combine physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning fun.
Osmo was recently acquired by Byju’s, a highly successful company focused on making learning fun. This puts Osmo in a unique position, still acting as a small company, but with the backing and resources of a much larger one. Byju’s has recently raised $540 million, and was valued at over $3.5 billion.
Team Overview: Who you will be working with: Osmo has several game teams working in parallel. Teams are relatively small, a combination of engineers, designers, artists, etc. all sharing a common passion for the product they are building. You will be working one of these teams from pre-production through release and beyond.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring compatibility of design and functionality across a wide range of browsers and mobile devices
- Working with designers and product managers to collect production UI requirements and create solutions
- Implementing back-end services and APIs as needed
- Estimating projects’ levels of effort
- Making recommendations that address UI/UX issues
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in STEM field. Two (2) years of experience in software engineering.
- Nice to have, but not required - Fluency with React and Redux or similar framework is a big plus!