Senior RoR Engineer
Remote (Latam) /
Engineering – Full-Stack Development /
Tango is the premier nearshore product development and staff augmentation consultancy.
We believe in the power of innovative ideas and passion for product! We pride ourselves on maintaining a welcoming and diverse culture with a strong focus on honesty, transparency and mutual respect. We strive to exceed not just our client’s expectations, but the end user’s expectations.
Our client is on a mission to make selling used stuff completely frictionless for the masses. As wonderful as they are, eBay, Craigslist and other marketplaces are missing 80% of the TAM because most people don't want to spend their nights and weekends as shopkeepers to sell their stuff. They do photos, storage and fulfillment, and remote experts do everything else, like pricing, writing and listing items on 5+ marketplaces. Our platform works, customers love it, and we can't keep up with demand. ** This is a remote job, you can be located ANYWHERE in LATAM!!
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years of experience working with React and/or other JS Frameworks.
- You're a master of the back end, and very solid at front-end development Expert in Rails server side rendering, HTML/CSS/JS.
- You're comfortable working with legacy code, and are enthusiastic about improving code quality.
- Strong experience working with relational databases.
- Strong experience with automated testing with Rspec and Cucumber.
- Experience designing software architectures.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with micro services architectures.
- Experience working with third party integrations such as a Google Maps, Stripe, etc.
Major Medical Insurance (Mexico)
Social Security and housing program
10 vacation days increased by year + Mexican holidays (+3 more days) or your national days off!
3 PTOs/year + 5 sick days
15 days Christmas bonus (Aguinaldo)
Plus perks such as:
Extra incomes with the Referral Program.
English Speaking Club once a week
Tango talks once a week - Personal growth
Learning and development program (includes a money stipend and coaching plan).
Workspace Setup Aid
Flexible time + ability to do compressed weeks
Awesome projects and cool company culture
Tango is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Tango are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.