Technical Engagement Manager
Remote (Latam) /
Delivery – Product Management /
Tango is the premier nearshore product development and staff augmentation consultancy.
We believe in the power of innovative ideas and passion for product! We pride ourselves on maintaining a welcoming and diverse culture with a strong focus on honesty, transparency and mutual respect. We strive to exceed not just our client’s expectations, but the end user’s expectations.
** This is an open position to work remote in all LATAM **
Be the person accountable for the success of the relationship between our developers and our clients based on the people skills and technical matters for the staff augmentation model.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Communicate and collaborate effectively to mitigate engagement risks before they become a problem with People and Culture, Engineering, Finance and Account Management.
* Identify partnership opportunities and monitor the value delivered to the client.
* Monitor engineers’ wellbeing and performance, and make sure engineers feel engaged, motivated and set up for success.
* Escalate blockers outside the product engagement level to the corresponding area. Report relevant engagement details to a portfolio view for leadership.
* Ensure strategies to foster people's effectiveness.
Your direct relations:
You will report directly to the Product Management Director.
- Strong knowledge in software development to be able to understand written code and product deliverables and validate delivered value.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strategical oral and written communication skills in English.
- Very strong leadership experience to positively influence team members. Partner with individual contributors, managers, and senior management to get engineering level accountability.
- High customer service orientation to be strongly focused on understanding the client's needs and the engineer's well being.
- A great team player to be able to collaborate and be a facilitative leader.
Nice to have
- 3+ years as a Scrum Master.
- 3+ years of experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership teams
- Be able to read the room and tailor the approach depending on the audience.
Private medical insurance.
Social Security and housing program (IMSS and INFONAVIT).
10 vacation days increased by year + Mexican holidays + 3 more days.
3 PTOs/year + 5 sick days
15 days Christmas bonus (Aguinaldo)
Plus perks such as:
Extra incomes with the Referral Program.
Learning and development program (includes a money stipend and coaching plan).
Workspace Setup Aid!
Flexible time + ability to do compress weeks
Remote or Office, you choose (Paused due to pandemic)
Awesome projects and cool company culture
** Tango’s Laptop
Tango is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Tango are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.