Sr Data Engineer (SZF)
Remote (Mexico & Latam) /
Engineering – Data Science & AI /
FTE / FTC
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Sr. Data Engineer must have a broad and deep data skillset as well as strong analytical capabilities.
In addition to being a hands on individual contributor, the ideal candidate is a productive team player and a mentor to Junior Data Engineers.
Additionally, we are looking for strong technical experts.
● Actively participate in team technical discussions in all things data
● Identify and address issues with data sets from multiple vendors
● Identify and address code and data quality issues
● Actively participate in code reviews and grooming sessions
● Actively participate in technology architecture discussions for product development
● Translate business requirements into strategy
● Advocate for software best practices within your team as well as across engineering
● Be ultra-responsive and capable of making instant decisions, always kicking the ball forward
● Work on unique and interesting data challenges around architecting, building and managing pipelines that securely process hundreds of terabytes of data
● Work closely with analysts and statisticians to ensure the validity of our processes Our engineers are expected to wear a number of hats and have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack.
Our stack includes Apache Spark, Scala, Redshift and an ever-growing list of many other cool technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
● Skillful user of Apache Spark
● Experience wrangling terabytes of big, complicated, imperfect data
● Experience with AWS products (Redshift, EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, etc)
● You have a deep understanding of scalable systems and you have large-scale engineering experience in an Agile development environment
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4 additional years of relevant work experience)
● A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
● Significant development experience with a major modern language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C/C++, etc.)
● Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSes and data warehouses
● Experience with or interest in AWS Glue, Redshift Spectrum and any other tools that enable data querying at scale
● Experience writing unit, functional and integration tests
● Comfort with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in an agile, collaborative team environment
Tango (formerly TangoSource) is a boutique digital agency that specializes in speeding up the development process for modern web and mobile products.
We believe in the power of innovative ideas and their social resonance when backed-up with technology. They can change the world or make it more simple. They can help diabetes patients with their medications, or guide a lost driver in the night. We provide the technology to back up these ideas with a partnership mindset. Adding our grain of sand to the world on each project we work for.
By working in Tango, you can expect to be challenged, to work hard and learn fast; you are going to develop your skills and increase your knowledge. And the best part… you are going to help bringing innovative ideas to life.