Senior UI Designer
EST or CST timezone /
Creative – Design /
Tank is a branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA but with remote employees all over the country. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists, and liaisons, working together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We have a fair and collaborative work culture. We treat each other very well. You can always ask for help or to grab a coffee with anyone. And we mean anyone. We are a small agency of about 40 employees and we enjoy each other's company as much as we enjoy learning from one another.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com/work
Tank is seeking a senior UI designer who's passionate about product design, with exceptional communication skills to take complex challenges and build global enterprise solutions.
What you will offer
- Experience 5+ years of product/UI design experience in an agency or in-house design role. Participate in all project phases from strategy to launch to optimization
- Technical Skills Contribute to design strategy and system design approaches, involving maintaining and evolving design languages, UI libraries and product experiences. Have a strong crafted portfolio that demonstrates advanced user interface design with an understanding of user experience principles. Understanding of responsive mobile best practices. Native app experience a benefit. Understanding of interaction design involving motion. Understanding of WCAG/ADA best practices
- Soft Skills Make decisions that demonstrate layers of thought - balancing research & insight, innovation, strategy, enthusiasm and discretion. Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to lead conversation and inspire the client. Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detailIterate, collaborate and communicate with UX Designers, Content Designers and other team members. Self-starter mindset: adaptability & resiliency, self motivation and time management are vital.
- Tools & Technology Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools (e.g Figma, Invision, Sketch, Google Suite). A foundational understanding of front-end development to communicate and partner with the development teams both internally and externally.
Work Location & Travel
- We’re flexible! Work from home or in the studio. We allow for this flexibility with the understanding that all work obligations are met.
- Our working hours in support of our clients are 9am to 5pm ET. All Tankers are encouraged to work however it’s best to achieve their goals and support ET and CT time zones.
- Potential for future client travel
Competitive Health Care Plans
Generous PTO and very flexible personal and sick time
Available mental health resources (Employee Assistance Program)
To be considered, you must complete all application questions and be eligible to work in the United States.