Somerville, MA /
Creative – Design /
Tank is a bi-coastal branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists and organizers, bound together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We think big and act small. We aim to create an environment that enables and empowers our employees to develop their potential. We want our current and future employees to feel comfortable in bringing their real selves to the workplace and join us as we elevate diversity and inclusion not only in our internal culture, but also throughout the design industry.
In order to make great work, you need great people... and right now, we need a great (and experienced) product designer for our Somerville studio.
Tank is a design firm that integrates strategy, design and technology to help companies and organizations create memorable brand expressions across multiple channels. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating simple, effective, elegant interfaces and products that will be used by millions. You will work with a tight knit team of UX designers, visual designers and developers to concept, design, prototype, test, iterate and launch useable applications. The right candidate will have the ability to solve problems through design and then deliver a usable, amazing product. This is a hands-on role!
You will be dedicated full-time to one of the worlds top 50 companies in the fortune 500. The work you produce has an impact worldwide.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 or 5+ years experience in an agency or in-house design role.
- Demonstrate advanced user interface and product UI system work through a strong, crafted portfolio.
- Take complex challenges and Inspire clients with innovate ways to approach them.
- Have a strong portfolio that demonstrates solid user experience and understands best practices when applied to visual UI and product work.
- An interest in design strategy and system design approaches, involving maintaining and evolving design languages, UI libraries and systems.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools (e.g Sketch, Invision, Figma, Abstract, Zeplin)
- A foundational understanding of front-end development to communicate and partner with the development teams both internally and externally.
- Understanding of responsive mobile best practices. Native app experience a benefit.
- Understanding of interaction design involving motion.
- Strong communication skill and the ability to educate and inspire clients
- Capable of using the power of data to inform design decisions and experiences.
- Understanding of WCAG/ADA best practises.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST
include samples of your work. (e.g. case studies, writing samples, code samples, portfolio link)
complete all application questions.
be eligible to work in the U.S.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com
No recruiting agencies or phone calls please. Thank you!