Senior Content Strategist
Somerville, MA /
Creative – UX & Research /
Tank is a branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA but with remote employees all over the country. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists, and liaisons, working together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We have a fair and collaborative work culture. We treat each other very well. You can always ask for help or to grab a coffee with anyone. And we mean anyone. We are a small agency of about 40 employees and we enjoy each other's company as much as we enjoy learning from one another.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com/work
Tank is seeking a senior-level content strategist who is well versed in how the individual elements of a UX project—content audits, messaging guidelines, past performance, and user research to name a few—combine to provide a holistic approach to the content strategy we provide for our clients’ digital initiatives.
What you will offer
- Experience: 5+ years of experience working in content strategy or content design, at an agency or in house. Experience in adjacent industries like journalism and product design is especially welcome.
- Technical skills: Fluency in common content strategy deliverables like content audits, site inventories, messaging architectures and content production plans. Ability to distill multiple inputs, e.g. user research, analytics, SEO goals, competitive findings etc into a strategic approach to both content and the overall experience. Expert in writing clean, effective copy ranging from UX microcopy to longer-form web pages, aligned with client’s messaging goals, their editorial style and best practices for writing for the web. Understanding of WCAG/ADA guidelines and familiarity with inclusive language decisions are a plus.
- Soft skills: Curiosity to learn about a diverse set of subjects. Comfort with developing a point of view and evangelizing it to colleagues and clients. Ability to balance creativity with objectivity. Tireless collaborator. Polished presenter.
- Tools & technology: Although your fellow Tankers are always willing to help you learn new tools, you should be familiar with collaborative tools like Google Suite, Figma and Sketch Cloud and feel comfortable communicating requirements with designers and front-end developers.
Work location & travel
- We’re flexible! Work from home or in the studio. We allow for this flexibility with the understanding that all work obligations are met.
- Our working hours in support of our clients are 9am to 5pm ET. All Tankers are encouraged to work however it’s best to achieve their goals and support ET and CT time zones.
- Potential for future client travel
Competitive Health Care Plans
Generous PTO and very flexible personal and sick time
Available mental health resources (Employee Assistance Program)
To be considered, you must complete all application questions and be eligible to work in the United States.