UX Writer - CONTRACT
Somerville, MA /
Creative – Content /
Tank is a bi-coastal branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists and organizers, bound together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We think big and act small. We aim to create an environment that enables and empowers our employees to develop their potential. We want our current and future employees to feel comfortable in bringing their real selves to the workplace and join us as we elevate diversity and inclusion not only in our internal culture, but also throughout the design industry.
We are looking for a rising UX writer to join our team of product designers, UX experts, product owners and developers who collaborate to deliver simple, elegant and impactful experiences seen by millions. Our ideal candidate can make informed recommendations based on best practices, user feedback, usage data, and established brand and style direction. At the end of the day, you’ll be providing clear, actionable interface copy for desktop and mobile applications that explains complex subjects—while always advocating for the user. Especially because this job will be remote (for now), you also exhibit excellent communication skills and can effectively explain your decisions, both internally and with our clients.
- 1-3 years writing for digital experiences; agency experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the principles of content strategy and a proactive inclination to advocate for them
- Experience with and understanding of brand and editorial guidelinesAbility to manage multiple projects and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Understanding of localization best practicesStrong communication skills and the ability to educate and inspire clients
- Capable of using data to inform design decisions and experiences
- Demonstrated thinking and analysis through portfolio samples
This is a part time, remote position for now.
Please be sure to include your portfolio link, case studies, or writing samples for consideration.
No recruiting agencies please. No phone calls please.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com