Senior UX Designer
EST or CST timezone /
Creative – UX & Research /
Tank is a branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA but with remote employees all over the country. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists, and liaisons, working together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We have a fair and collaborative work culture. We treat each other very well. You can always ask for help or to grab a coffee with anyone. And we mean anyone. We are a small agency of about 40 employees and we enjoy each other's company as much as we enjoy learning from one another.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com/work
Tank is seeking a senior level UX strategist who's passionate about user experience and product design. We’re looking for someone with exceptional communication skills to kick off new digital projects and lead strategic thinking and experience planning that drives key recommendations.
What you will offer
- Experience 5+ years of UX product experience in an agency or in-house setting. Participates in all project phases from strategy to launch to optimization
- Technical skills Strong skills at taking complex experiences and creating simple and functional information architecture (IA) within a product ecosystem, taxonomy, workflows, product navigation and accessible, usable interfaces. Experience acquiring and/or distilling user needs: e.g. personas, user journey maps, usability evaluation, metrics & measurement. Experience working with established design systems to inform UX recommendations and documentation. Understanding of WCAG/ADA best practices.
- Soft skills Make decisions that demonstrate layers of thought - balancing research & insight, innovation, strategy, enthusiasm and discretion. Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to lead conversation and inspire the client. Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detailIterate, collaborate and communicate with UI Designers, Content Designers and other team members. Self-starter mindset: adaptability & resiliency, self motivation and time management are vital.
- Tools & technology Ability to appropriately leverage tools and technology to complete and present work in an compelling, efficient and organized manner. (e.g., Figma, Google Suite)
Work Location & Travel
- We’re flexible! Work from home or in the studio. We allow for this flexibility with the understanding that all work obligations are met.
- Our working hours in support of our clients are 9am to 5pm ET. All Tankers are encouraged to work however it’s best to achieve their goals and support ET and CT time zones.
- Potential for future client travel
Competitive Health Care Plans
Generous PTO and very flexible personal and sick time
Available mental health resources (Employee Assistance Program)
To be considered, you must complete all application questions and be eligible to work in the United States.