Somerville, MA or San Francisco, CA /
Creative – Development /
Tank is a bi-coastal branding, design and experience agency with studios in Somerville, MA and San Francisco, CA. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists, and liaisons, bound together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com/work
Tank is seeking an exceptional React Developer with a good understanding of the web development process that can help create digital experiences for our clients. We love great design and user experience, and strive to match the beauty of our designs with the beauty of our well-written code.
What you will offer
- Knowledge and experience in the web development process, including: requirements gathering, application design, Git project workflow, quality assurance, a11y, and deployment.
- Self-starter mindset: Adaptability & resiliency, self motivation and time management are vital
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively to all levels of audiences including presentations in a clear, comfortable, persuasive style, effectively presenting technical recommendations and decisions to a variety of client audiences both technical and non-technical.
- Accountability in ensuring a high degree of quality and value in all deliverables in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of paid professional experience in an agency or in house setting, directly with UX and design professionals.
- 2+ years crafting production-ready code with React.
- 1+ years testing for and mitigating accessibility issues according to the WCAG 2.1, level AA standard (or higher)
- Experience with modern front-end workflow processes and tools (NPM, Webpack, Sass).
- Some experience with CMS driven websites a plus, Drupal or WordPress preferred.
- Love of the command line.
You will be dedicated full-time to one of the world’s top 50 companies in the fortune 500. The work you produce has an impact worldwide.
Work Location & Travel
- Work location is temporarily remote due to COVID.
- Both offices are open to employees only and is optional.
- Must live within commuting distance from either Somerville, Ma or San Francisco, CA.
To be considered, you must complete all application questions and be eligible to work in the United States.