Human Resources Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Operations & Finance – HR /
Tank is a bi-coastal branding, design and marketing agency with studios in Cambridge, MA and San Francisco, CA. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists and organizers, bound together to create new brands, evolve existing brands and empower established brands. We think big and act small. Join us!
In order to make great work, you need great people...
…and right now, we need a great HR manager to take care of all of our great people.
If you are an HR generalist who is excited to work alongside our innovative team, helping to foster a creative and fun work environment, we want to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day HR operations of the agency;
- Lead recruiting and hiring efforts, working with agency leadership to determine hiring needs, sourcing qualified candidates, coordinating the interview process, reference checks and contract negotiations;
- Conduct new employee on-boarding process including continued development of Tank’s on-boarding process;
- Administration of benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance programs, health reimbursement accounts, 401K program, among other benefits, including annual open enrollment period;
- Development and administration, along with agency leadership, of agency policies and procedures;
- Provide consultative support to managers on employee relations, performance management, and other related matters;
- Support employees and agency leadership in various HR-related topics (i.e. leaves, compensation, disputes) and resolve issues that may arise;
- Manage and facilitate employee review and evaluation process;
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws and compliance requirements;
- Monitor industry benefits and HR trends for continued improvement of agency benefits and work environment;
- Other human resources duties as needed.
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in an HR generalist role, ideally with experience in an agency environment;
- Knowledge across a broad spectrum of the HR functional areas;
- Possess a “service-oriented” approach to supporting employees and creating a positive work environment;
- Strong ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and respond to continually changing priorities and initiatives;
- Ability to work independently and collectively, to be decisive, and to take initiative;
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and ethical standards;
- Knowledge of HRIS and ATS platforms.
This is a full time, on-site position. No recruiting agencies please. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. Thank you!
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com