Senior Staff Accountant (Bilingual Korean / English)
Radish Fiction, a brand within Tapas Entertainment, is an exciting mobile fiction platform for serialized storytelling. Our wide variety of stories are published and read in bite-sized installments optimized for the smartphone reader. It's the literary equivalent of addictive TV shows, right on your phone.
Built to be both user and author-friendly, Radish strives to present the newest and brightest in entertaining, diverse serial fiction to readers while providing authors with innovative ways to build readerships and monetize their work. Radish is revolutionizing the way that stories are consumed and produced.
As a Senior Staff Accountant at Tapas Entertainment, you will help the Finance team with all accounting related tasks and projects. You enjoy working with a current small team and thrive in providing creative solutions to challenging problems. You're capable of breaking down complex insights into digestible information to all your stakeholders. You're ambitious and growth is important to you. If all of this sounds like you, please apply! We want to work with someone that will be excited to grow at Radish because the opportunities are endless.
- Assist with all of the day-to-day accounting activities such as general accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable, cash management and more
- Perform month-end account reconciliations to investigate and resolve any variances
- Manage monthly expense accrual calculations for services rendered but not invoiced
- Assist with implementation of process improvements and automation of manual processes
- Help with month-end close and prepare monthly financial reports to the management team
- Support other functions that may be required in a high-growth environment
- Support external audits where necessary
- Bilingual in English and Korean
- Big 4 Accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant / Chartered Accountant certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience with Quickbooks and ERP system (SAP, Sage, Douzone, or Oracle)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to build relationships and work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- $75,000 - $95,000/year
The salary range stated above is determined by role, level, and location referenced in the job posting. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, skill sets, and organizational needs. Tapas Entertainment expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role. Only in exceptional circumstances where a candidate has experience and expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position would Tapas Entertainment consider paying a salary near the higher end of the range.
Total Compensation Package:
- Base salary or hourly wage
- 401K with matching
- Open & Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- One Medical membership
- Monthly education reimbursement
- Monthly care stipend
About Tapas Entertainment
Tapas Entertainment, a Kakao Entertainment company, is a next-generation media company, with content from Tapas Media, Radish, and Wuxiaworld.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.