Content Marketing Manager (Bilingual Korean)
Los Angeles, CA /
Content Marketing /
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup company and help shape the future of publishing and storytelling. Tapas has a fun collaborative culture that’s reflective of the creative storytelling business that we’re in.
We're seeking to hire a Content Marketing Manager, based in the Los Angeles area, as this position will be remote but could become hybrid if we choose to do partial office return. The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for Tapas webcomic app and web audience growth, working cross-functionally with other marketing teams to lead content marketing campaigns for our premium series such as The Beginning After the End, A Business Proposal, and Solitary Lady. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of CRM, app marketing (specifically in-app marketing promotions and retention marketing), digital marketing, and an understanding of content platforms within the entertainment industry including webcomics. This role will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day in-app promotion, webcomic series IP content marketing, and an ongoing impact on the expansion and engagement of the Tapas audience.
- Own the in-app content marketing strategy for tentpole and high priority series with support from the Content Marketing Coordinator, whom you will manage as your direct report
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Brand, Social, Paid Media, PR. and Operations teams to execute 360 marketing campaigns for Tapas content and the Tapas brand
- Act as the marketing lead and point of contact for series with IP stakeholders, IP account managers, and key internal executives to communicate marketing plans, facilitate approvals, and performance reporting
- Oversee data (ex. DAU, ARPU, retention, content sales, etc.) on Tapas service platforms (app, web) and execute data driven campaigns to increase in-app sales and user engagement
- Develop regular marketing campaign reports and post mortems to present to internal teams driving Tapas content and user engagement marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related fields OR equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years’ experience in CRM/in-app marketing; minimum 2 years’ experience in IP/content marketing/publishing; and minimum 1 year of people management experience
- Experience collaborating with agencies or internal creative teams to produce web and app marketing content including but not limited to: HTML pages, in-app pop-ups, AV content, social content, banners, blogs, etc.
- Bilingual Korean and English preferred, as this position will collaborate with Korean based teams
- Proficiency in Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Amplitude, Metabase, etc.), and CRM tools (Braze, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets
- Bilingual Korean
Compensation & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Workdays in M-F lunch allowances during COVID-19 remote work
- Full benefits package with Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, FSA, 401K with match, and Commuter support if applicable
- Stock options
- Device and ergo/office supply
- Team activities/training/books
- Gym/wellness support
- Company swag
About Tapas Media
Tapas Media, Inc. is a next-generation media company offering bite-sized content through its online mobile platform, Tapas. Tapas Media properties, which consists of the popular Tapas mobile app and Tapas, boasts over 8 billion views to date from more than 8.6M registered users - primarily in North America. Tapas Media provides a best-in-class reading experience for fans of storytelling on mobile devices and on the web, featuring original series – under Studio Tapas, the division dedicated to producing and publishing original webcomics and novels – licensed webcomics, and a successful digital novels division.
Founded in March 2012, Tapas has gathered over 63,000 creators, 96,000 series, and more than 1.6M episodes. Tapas has multiple partnerships across various multimedia platforms including Scholastic, Zoic Studios, Vault Comics, BOOM!, Hachette Book Group, Ten Speed Press (Penguin Random House), Kakao Entertainment, Podium Audio, Frolic Media, Madison Wells, and more. Tapas is the 2020 Ringo Award winner for Favorite Publisher. Tapas received their first Eisner nominations in 2021 and recently made a name for itself in its half-billion-dollar acquisition by entertainment giant Kakao Entertainment.
For more information, please visit Tapas.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.