Freelance Quality Control Editor (Spanish) - Contractor
We're seeking a Freelance Quality Control Editor who can work in tandem with members of our in-house localization team. Preference will be given to candidates with 30+ hours per week of availability.
What Freelance Quality Control Editors do:
- Review translated and typeset webcomics of various genres including but not limited to romance (including BL and GL), fantasy, action fantasy, comedy, and drama.
- Edit materials for world-building, tone, and character, as well as cultural understanding by our Spanish readership .
- Copy-edit materials for spelling, grammar, typesetting, readability, and consistency, and ensure they are ready for publication.
- Serve as the series expert and produce written and creative materials related to series as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with the localization team.
- Communicate with the localization team about relevant progress or issues through designated channels.
Freelance Quality Control Editors Expertise:
- High level of proficiency in both English and Spanish language and grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Cultural fluency related to Spanish readers
About Tapas Media
Tapas Media, Inc. is a next-generation media company offering bite-sized content through its online mobile platform, Tapas. Tapas Media properties, which consists of the popular Tapas mobile app and Tapas, boasts over 8 billion views to date from more than 8.6M registered users - primarily in North America. Tapas Media provides a best-in-class reading experience for fans of storytelling on mobile devices and on the web, featuring original series – under Studio Tapas, the division dedicated to producing and publishing original webcomics and novels – licensed webcomics, and a successful digital novels division. Tapas have a devoted community side of the platform, Tapastry, which provides a destination for any creator to share their stories and find their audience. Founded in March 2012, Tapas has gathered over 63,000 creators, 96,000 series, and more than 1.6M episodes. Tapas has multiple partnerships across various multimedia platforms including Scholastic, Zoic Studios, Vault Comics, BOOM!, Hachette Book Group, Ten Speed Press (Penguin Random House), Kakao Entertainment, Podium Audio, Frolic Media, Madison Wells, and more. Tapas is the 2020 Ringo Award winner for Favorite Publisher. Tapas received their first Eisner nominations in 2021 and recently made a name for itself in its half-billion-dollar acquisition by entertainment giant Kakao Entertainment.
For more information, please visit Tapas.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.