Freelance Translation Contractor - English to Japanese
We're seeking to hire a part-time English to Japanese Translator who will localize English text into Japanese on multiple web comic projects, working cooperatively with members of the localization team.
What Freelance Translators Do:
- Translate English webcomics of various genres including but not limited to action fantasy and romance fantasy
- Create and update the name list of all characters and locations, as well as significant series-specific jargon
- Work cooperatively with the localization team, making edits as necessary
- Communicate with localization team about relevant progress or issues through designated channels
Freelance Translators Expertise
- High level of proficiency in English and Japanese languages
- Cultural fluency in both the cultures of the creator as well as the audience
- Excellent communication skills to maintain friendly and timely communication with a diverse array of individuals across a variety of timezones and differing project schedules
- Familiarity with Slack, google docs, and digital storage platforms like DropBox is a plus
- Ability to manage time effectively and adhere to strict deadlines
- A love of storytelling and a respect for creators
About Tapas Entertainment
Tapas Entertainment, a Kakao Entertainment company, is a next-generation media company, with content from Tapas Media, Radish, and Wuxiaworld.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.