Financial Supervisor (Bilingual)
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup company and help shape the future of publishing and storytelling. Tapas has a fun collaborative culture that’s reflective of the creative storytelling business that we’re in. We're seeking to hire a Financial Supervisor, based in Beijing China, as this position is currently hybrid on-site and remote. The Financial Supervisor must be Bilingual in Mandarin and English, and will report to the General Manager of Tapas China branch.
What you'll do:
- Implement the accounting system, review various original document for expenses and incomes, prepare accounting statements, and ensure accurate data and clear accounts
- Responsible for the daily custody of invoices and operation of online banking software
- Implement and address issues of finance-related processes involved in businesses, act as an intermediary between business departments and provide financial support for each business unit
- Cooperate in completing office administration related affairs and other tasks assigned by superiors
What we're looking for:
- Major in finance is preferred, bachelor degree or above, and more than 3 years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with and capable of flexible use of financial statements such as Balance Sheet/Income Statement/General Ledger, both in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Experience in English reporting in foreign-funded companies
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Experience in starting a business from scratch is a plus
- Experience in study abroad/overseas returnee is preferred
- Experience in docking to overseas/especially American enterprise finance is preferred
About Tapas Media
Tapas Media, Inc. is a next-generation media company offering bite-sized content through its online mobile platform, Tapas. Tapas Media properties, which consists of the popular Tapas mobile app and Tapas, boasts over 8 billion views to date from more than 8.6M registered users - primarily in North America. Tapas Media provides a best-in-class reading experience for fans of storytelling on mobile devices and on the web, featuring original series – under Studio Tapas, the division dedicated to producing and publishing original webcomics and novels – licensed webcomics, and a successful digital novels division. Tapas have a devoted community side of the platform, Tapastry, which provides a destination for any creator to share their stories and find their audience. Founded in March 2012, Tapas has gathered over 63,000 creators, 96,000 series, and more than 1.6M episodes. Tapas has multiple partnerships across various multimedia platforms including Scholastic, Zoic Studios, Vault Comics, BOOM!, Hachette Book Group, Ten Speed Press (Penguin Random House), Kakao Entertainment, Podium Audio, Frolic Media, Madison Wells, and more. Tapas is the 2020 Ringo Award winner for Favorite Publisher. Tapas received their first Eisner nominations in 2021 and recently made a name for itself in its half-billion-dollar acquisition by entertainment giant Kakao Entertainment.
For more information, please visit Tapas.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.