Content Acquisition Assistant Manager
Culver City CA /
Content Creator Community /
Tapas is the "YouTube for storytellers" — an open-publishing platform and home to a community of more than 53,000 creators. We’ve published over 80,000 stories to date. We specialize in publishing original stories in the form of serialized webcomics and novels. Tapas has 3 million monthly unique readers, who collectively spend more than 90 million minutes per month on Tapas. Stories on Tapas have been read over 6 billion times to date.
What makes Tapas so unique is the diversity of our fanbase and family of creators. Roughly 70% of our readership is comprised of female millennials primarily located in the US. Our top creators are also primarily female led creative teams. This has led Tapas to be one of the top-grossing comics apps on iOS and Android as well as a home for stories that you can’t find anywhere else.
We're seeking to hire a Content Acquisition Assistant Manager, who will aid in the charge of creator acquisition and content licensing in webcomics. Work alongside an immensely talented group of individuals who believe there’s no problem that can’t be solved with creativity, ingenuity and most of all, passion. This role is perfect for you if you have a passion for storytelling and a drive for helping creators achieve their dreams.
What you'll do:
- Foster and manage relationships with creators
- Responsible for sourcing, developing and following up on leads as well as assisting on existing leads
- Onboarding creators and assisting them with resources to make the most out of their Tapas experience
- Maintain a monthly report on creators’ status
- Organize and maintain data entry on a regular basis
- Work with team on developing and improving existing acquisitions infrastructure
- Work with in tandem with the marketing team to plan and execute marketing strategies around creators and titles
- Stay informed and aware of competitive platforms, titles, and overall entertainment trends
What we’re looking for:
- Passion and empathy for independent creators and digital publishing
- A self-starter with a growth mindset and startup mentality
- Organized and highly communicative with excellent project management skills
- Prior experience in digital publishing, content, or entertainment is a plus
- Knowledge of digital novels is a plus
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS or 1 year minimum experience in related industry required
- Located within Los Angeles (relocation is not supported)
- Must be familiar with Google Suite and Dropbox
Flexible work schedule
Workdays in M-F lunch allowances during COVID-19 remote work situation
Full benefits package with Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, FSA, 401K ,and Commuter support
Stock options: 1/48 monthly, 1-year cliff vesting schedule
Device and ergo/office supply
Compensation is to be negotiated - we pay competitively
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to hear from you.
Aside from the normal application process, please share a quick paragraph on what aspects of your experience make you a perfect candidate for this job.