Staff Software Engineer, Platform
Santa Monica, CA - Remote /
Engineering – Backend/ Infrastructure /
Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide; processing over $3 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
A majority of Ecommerce traffic is on a mobile device now; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to power their mobile experience. Check out our buzz on TechCrunch, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
This role is perfect for an ambitious Backend subject matter expert who strives to learn both Infrastructure and API Development.
Someone with a strong understanding of API design that spends most of their day organizing data and creating the most efficient schemas.
We are looking for someone who will work to deliver high-quality backend projects. Someone who will earn to work within the Google Cloud Platform and help build the future of the Tapcart platform.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be an essential part of our product, growth, and management of a product millions of people use every day. You will work closely with our frontend, QA, and operations teams to build products that scale massively, deploy with ease, and engage millions of end-users.
You’ll be researching and building world-class technology using Node.js, Go, GraphQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra and advanced analytics tools.
How you will make an impact
- Lead efforts to design and implement various microservices and databases schemas for new features or refactoring existing ones
- Take ownership of designing data models and supporting efficient queries/writes with our various database technologies (MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Cassandra)
- Design and implement HTTP, gRPC and real-time APIs. Work with our partners webhooks and build queuing/pubsub systems to grow our backends scalability
- Work with a fantastic team that loves to whiteboard and design for best efficiency and scalability
What skills you will need
- 7+ years experience working either as backend developer working on HTTP APIs, gRPC or GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with Node, Golang, Python, or Java
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB) (required)
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL) (bonus)
- 4+ years Experience working with Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) (GCP preferred)
- Experience with GraphQL or REST, both is ideal
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Medical eligible first of the month
· Dental and Vision eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· $250 a month wellness stipend
· Monthly Happy Hours, Company-Wide Offsite Events
· A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative, engaged, and connected.
· We pride ourselves on a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
We are on a rocket ship and just raised our Series B for $50M in June 2021: https://tcrn.ch/3dn2RiV
We raised our Series A for $10M in May 2020: builtinla.com/2020/05/19/tapcart-raises-10m-series-a-hiring
Check out what our customers are saying: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-mobile-apps/reviews
Our current openings: https://tapcart.com/careers
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.