The way we buy things needs to change. Technology should lift the burden of wasted time and unclear choices, leaving consumers to get what they want, when they want it, where they want it. At Tapingo, we aren't waiting for this future. We're creating it. And if you're into a future where humans are free to pursue important human things rather than being stifled by bureaucracy and inefficiency, we'd love to meet you.
Right now, Tapingo is looking for a Staff Accountant to join its finance team. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and a desire to help build and strengthen our revenue processes.
- Owns Tapingo’s accounts payables streams and associated expenses
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Owns monthly expense/AP close including quantitative analysis, account reconciliations and generation of journal entries.
- Ensures accurate GAAP reporting and compliance of key controls while proactively improving processes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Assists with annual audits and preparation of reporting analytics.
- Collaborates with Engineering, Sales and Technical Operations to ensure we have the data we need to reconcile and bill customers.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field. Accounting preferred.
- At least 1 year hands-on experience in an accounting role.
- A fundamental understanding of Accounts Payables.
- Strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables.
- Amazing communications and collaboration skills with both finance and non-finance teams.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar GL software.
- Excellent attention to detail and a love for problem solving.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- An awesome team player.
- CPA: Big 4
- Experience as an administrator in Bill.com and Expensify (or equivalent software)
- SQL knowledge
- Competitive salaries
- Apple or PC equipment...your choice
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly happy hour
- A voice