Engineering Team Lead - Data Infrastructure
Tapingo is a platform that powers the local commerce in and around US college campuses.
This means we control and operate all sides of the marketplace - students buy on Tapingo to save time and money, they work on Tapingo to make money and merchants sell on Tapingo to grow their business.
This unique market position, allows us to hold the perfect mix of a B2C and B2B applications achieving full logistical and operational dominance - forming a new type of ecosystem.
As the Data Team Lead, you will lead our data pipeline and ensure business decisions are taken on an accurate and up-to-date data.
You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
You will design and build robust and scalable solutions for batch and real time data models using cutting edge technologies
You'll Participate in data science and data engineering technology architecture discussions
You’ll be exposed to structured and unstructured data from multiple sources, and transform them to valuable business insights
You'll lead the communication with stockholders across the company, including executives, understand their requirements, and own the execution and product delivery.
Above all, your work will have an immediate impact the way people experiences local commerce.
You will work from our awesome office in Tel Aviv.
Your day will include:
- Manage the roadmap for data in Tapingo.
- Build and design the data pipeline of Tapingo from multiple micro-services.
- Ensure data is accurate and up to date across the system.
- Define which metrics are used to analyze which datasets across the company.
- Develop best practices for Test design and execution, and data interrogation.
- MBA or M.Sc. In information system, industrial engineering or related fields - big advantage.
- Minimum of five years of experience in experience in data roles, including analytics.
- Experience with BI, ETLs and data architecture.
- Object oriented experience - Must. Python is a huge advantage.
- Solid understanding RDBMS and NOSQL databases architecture.
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Redash, etc.
- Business oriented - You will ask to deliver solutions to the most painful business problems and key stockholders.
- "Can do" attitude with strong personal skills.