Engineering Team Lead
Taplytics is currently seeking an Engineering Team Lead to manage a team of bright engineers and help us tackle unique technical challenges! We run at a very large scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
Born at Y Combinator in Silicon Valley - the incubator that helped develop Airbnb, Dropbox, and DoorDash - Taplytics envisions a world where every digital experience is as unique as you are.
Taplytics is the Digital Optimization Suite for modern enterprises. We help companies increase their ROI on the features they release and enable them to objectively identify which steps of their customer journeys to improve.
- The Taplytics Marketing Cloud enables real-time personalization through a connected system of AB testing and behavioral messaging.
- The Taplytics Developer Cloud lets modern development teams ship faster and take full control of their releases through feature flag workflows and AB testing for all client and server-side applications.
Taplytics powers the experiences within today's leading apps and websites. We work with brands like RBC, Lookout, Grubhub, and Crate&Barrel to drive more revenue through their apps and websites.
To learn more about our platform, you can check out our Youtube page here!
And the exciting part? The world is ready. Customers are demanding these experiences and companies are rapidly investing in the technology to make it happen.
About the Role: Engineering Team Lead
As our Engineering Team Lead, you’ll get to lead and manage a team of talented Software Engineers working together to build and expand our A/B Testing and Feature Flag solutions Taplytics will rely on you to manage the individual growth of your team members, plan upcoming projects, and increase operational efficiency. You’ll also be delivering on technical requirements, from time to time.
Here’s a breakdown:
Leadership: You'll motivate, coach, mentor, and grow a team of developers, ensuring they feel that they are advancing in their roles and know what they need to do to succeed.
Team Delivery: You’ll help the team accomplish its objectives with precision and speed using an Agile mindset. You will collaborate closely with your partners in Design and Product Management to build a roadmap for your team and contribute to the prioritization of business goals and technical direction.
Personal Delivery: You’ll remain a contributor to the codebase, aiming to spend 20 - 30% of your time writing and reviewing code.
Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Accelerate the team by focusing them on the highest priorities and removing roadblocks.
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment.
- 1:1s with your team members to give and gather feedback on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the business.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Actively work to inform and be informed, keeping all stakeholders up to date.
- Own agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with the team to improve processes and policies such as team meetings, tech debt management, and education programs.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for the team.
- Contribute to the codebase, technical tasks, and code reviews.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
- Be accountable for overall team output.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- At least 5 years experience in the field.
- Previous experience in a leadership role or leading projects would be an asset, but not required. We’re also open to a software engineer with the desire to get into a management track.
- Experience with high volume, high availability systems.
- Great to get along with and can communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment.
What you’ll get from us:
At Taplytics, our 50+ person team works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex technical challenges. Our culture of trying new processes, new tech and new ideas means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, Employee Stock Options, unlimited vacation, and health benefits starting day one
The future at Taplytics is extremely bright, and by joining us at this early stage, you’ll be getting the opportunity to help us build and grow a company that we can all be proud of. Apply now and come join the fun!