Market Coordinator, Egypt
Markets – Markets /
Full-time, fixed term contractor
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
The Role (3-month contract with potential for extension)
As Market Coordinator, you will help Taptap Send get Egypt & other Middle-Eastern or African markets up and running, and growing. The role offers the chance to partner with an early-stage, hyper-growth startup where you will directly have an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will:
- Work with Taptap Send and local banks and other key partners to build solid partnerships across Egypt and other Middle-Eastern and African countries
- Support growth and business development efforts, including:
- Sourcing users across various phone and payment networks
- Finding test recipients for cross border transactions
- Recommending marketing and communication channelsVisiting banks and agents across Egypt and other markets to build a picture of service performance
- Driving operational implementation with financial institutions and ambassador programs
- Driving customer research
- Executing partnerships and events
- Drive launch milestones for EgyptCapture customer feedback and define product improvements
- Brainstorm with TapTap’s HQ team on key figures to speak withHold various face to face meetings with key individuals
- 1-3+ years in a high-growth environment or world-class firm
- ‘Right to work’ in Egypt and currently based there
- Willing to travel across Egypt frequently
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Strong plus: French
Also, you are:
- Outgoing – you should love speaking to people and enjoy building relationships with customers and community members across cultures
- Execution oriented – we are an early-stage startup with an “impact-first” philosophy and a lot to be done.
- You should be able to overturn objections, accelerate “point A to point B”, and sprint towards outcomes
- Poised – the role will require you to be the face of the company in front of various partners
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Flexible hours
- Remote work
- Regular Team Events
- Professional development opportunities
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.