Tari leverages blockchain technology to re-imagine the future of digital assets. We make it ridiculously easy for anyone to issue, manage, and trade experience-linked assets like concert tickets, airline miles, or in-game purchases. All without limiting middlemen or walled gardens. To accomplish this goal, we’re building a highly scalable, open-source, and decentralized blockchain on top of Monero, one of the most secure cryptocurrencies.
Our founding team includes well-known leaders from the worlds of entertainment and blockchain, including: the co-founder of Ticketfly (sold to Pandora for $450m), the lead maintainer of Monero (a top ten, $2bn+ market cap cryptocurrency), and the leader of the digital agency behind stars like Carrie Underwood and Lil Wayne.
Are you passionate about bringing blockchain to the masses? Do you want to help build open source software that millions of people will use? Do you check your ego at the door and fight for the best idea regardless of where it came from? If so, then we look forward to hearing from you.
· Budgeting & planning: prepare meaningful analysis (internal and external) for strategic business decisions and model financial situations
· Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process and quarterly variance analysis
· Ensure all accounting transactions are properly recorded
· Assist in ensuring internal controls and compliance processes are in place and operating effectively
· Establish and track core metrics that are essential to the financial health of the company
· Calculate and forecast burn and runway, and accurately present current future cash position in real-time
· Be a trusted advisor to the leadership team; proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company's planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy
· Work cross-functionally to drive process and systematic improvements including data collection and reporting streams across the organization
· Work directly with external auditors and provide supporting documentation as needed
· Perform ad hoc projects and reporting as needed by executive management
· Oversee accounts payable, processes and procedures
· Other duties as assigned
· 3-5 years FP&A and/or related experience
· BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline
· Strong financial modeling skills in Excel
· Familiar with setting up finance software systems
· Experience working in a start-up
· Strong interest in fintech, blockchain and/or open-source
· Ability to write and understand SQL
· Working technical knowledge of tax (e.g. US GAAP accounting, tax laws, US and international compliance deliverables, etc.) is helpful in managing outside financial partners)