Senior API / Backend Developer
Remote (EU timezone) /
Yat Labs – Engineering /
Yat Labs is the driving force behind y.at, the hottest digital identity, branding, and information service on the internet.
We're looking for a seasoned backend engineer to build out the millions of incredible features we have planned for Yat.
As a Senior Rust Developer, you will build and maintain our API functionality, allowing it to scale to serve millions of users daily.
You will contribute to and maintain our highly performant API stack, written in 100% Rust and supported by a PostgreSQL DB stack.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 4+ years experience in building highly trafficked backends and APIs.
- 4+ years experience with PostgresSQL.
- Solid programming experience in Rust, or a willingness to learn it quickly.
- Experience in CircleCI, Github Actions and other CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects is a major advantage.
- Solid understanding of security protocol stacks and crypto libraries and functions. You know enough about cryptography to understand the difference between key signing, hashing, and encryption.
- You thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions and adapt easily to meet the needs of massive growth and rapidly evolving environment.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a quick learner and want to work in demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Are able to spend significant periods working in EU daylight hours (7:00 - 17:00 GMT).
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics from a recognized university is preferred.
- OR a proven track record in the skills required for this role.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain the Yat Rust API and related backend tools.
- Perform code reviews
- Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Enjoy communicating and engaging with team mates, as well as with the broader community, in written form.
- Take advantage of, and actively use, both long-form communications tools (eg. GitHub issues) as well as instant messaging tools (eg. IRC, MatterMost, Wire), as a natural part of the project's development.
- Be responsible for designing and scoping development tasks.
- Develop elements of the overall protocol software solution.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- 100% Remote
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% healthcare coverage for employees and qualified dependents
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment with amazing people
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Employee discounts
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work
That's all to say: these job listings are approximations! If you're a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skill sets, so if a job isn't a 100% fit, don't worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.