Future Opportunity Software Engineer - TOS (.NET)
Leicester, United Kingdom
OPERATE - AUTOSTORE TOS – Software Engineering
Employee - Full Time
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and implement our software solutions.
TBA was established over 30 years ago; we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies for the intermodal and logistics companies. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, we’d like to open discussions with Software Engineers who want to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. There are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
Ultimately, the role of our Software Engineer is to deliver high-quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
So, where do you come in? This role will have several responsibilities, including the following:
· Development of new, and maintenance of existing features within the software products
· Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans
· Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes
· Working closely with our Service Team to maintain/improve systems deployed with our existing customer base.
· In time becoming part of the Out of Hours support team on a rota basis
· To potentially take the technical lead role on a new customer project and to see that project through the full life-cycle
Typical development activities involve:
· Database schema modifications.
· Creation of CRUD operations in TSQL
· Business logic implementations in C# or TSQL
· Bug fixes and small changes to Visual Basic 6 UI
· Significant work on legacy applications
· Release and deployment of upgrades and changes to customer production and test systems
What we're looking for in you
- Demonstrable experience in software development
- Visual Basic 6, C++ and C# Programming Language
- Microsoft .Net Framework
- Strong SQL/TSQL including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server / Azure Devops
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong debugging skills
- A passion for Software Development methodologies and techniques
- Highest ethics and integrity, as well as a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to focus on both support and new projects side of the business when required
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills, with a detail-oriented approach
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a non-technical level
- A desire to self-learn (given suitable professional training)
- Ability to travel occasionally UK wide and overseas
Any of the following would also be beneficial
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful,
- EFService Oriented Architecture
- DevOps, CI, CD
- Containerised applications, specifically deployed in Docker
- OOP, TDD, Design Patterns, SOA
- Entity Framework, .net Core, Domain Driven design
- Active MQ or similar message bus technologies
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- Data Warehousing, Jaspersoft Reporting
- Development of business-critical systems
- Release and deployments of complex, multi-layered, systems
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a terminal logistics
- environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of ITIL process including working with modern ITSM systems
- “Extracurricular” developer activities such as open source projects, personal projects, blogs, online training courses
- Competitive Salary (negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- Employee Perks Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working policy
- Ultra-modern office
- Free onsite parking
- Office easily accessible from M1 and A46
If you would like to discuss opportunities in more detail or learn more about us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, (no agencies please).
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending in your resume and cover letter.