New York, NY
Technology – Engineering
Teachable is looking for a Full-Stack or Back-End software engineer. We're a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
As a Software Engineer, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You will work to create beautiful systems that are robustly designed to meet the needs of a massively growing user base.
Who You Are
- Full-Stack or Back-End experience with production Rails and/or Angular or equivalent framework
- Care about good programming practices (OO principles, test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members when needed
- Be interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
- Varied experience (such as ops or design) is always a plus
- 2+ years of experience with production code
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $150M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.