Lead Product Designer
New York, NY
Product – Product Design
Teachable is looking to expand our product team and bring on a Lead Product Designer! We're a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
In collaboration with the team, you’ll work directly on a product that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You will work to design and ship a beautiful product to meet the needs of a massively growing user base.
As lead product designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product design and development process, from brainstorming the next great product feature, building scalable design system across parts of the app, to suggested design tweaks during the QA process. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- Collaborating with engineers, designers, product managers, data, leadership, and key stakeholders to design and ship an exceptional product.
- Building and improving quality design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups and documentation for features.
- Scaling and mentoring a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet the evolving requirements of good design across our multiple products.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as an exceptional product designer with proven track record leading design on multiple interconnected products.
- 1-2+ years of experience leading a design team at a 10+ person technology company.
- Experience designing for SaaS software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e. products beyond single-purpose apps).
- Experience building and maintaining complex design systems, style guides and workflows.
- Extensive mastery of Sketch, Photoshop and other design collaboration tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond your own role.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $8m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Monthly company activities and outings
Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Tax-free commuter benefits