New York, NY /
Finance – Risk /
Teachable believes shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
This initiative will include developing internal guidelines for content removal that all Teachable employees can reference, as well as external language for contacting users about issues with content they have created and posted to the Teachable platform.
- Maintain a data-based overview of potentially malicious content hosted by Teachable that is reported on weekly [Ex: we had  Creators this week flagged for content and it represented x, y, z categories]
- Design and implement a system for reviewing ‘nominated ‘content with a fast turnaround time to final outcome: content can stay vs. content must go. Ensure consistent documentation around these decisions.
- Communicate with the Risk team daily to remove content that is non-compliant
- Develop a suite of language for reaching out to users about non-compliant content
- Leading the Content Standards Committee to address internally reported Creators
- Assist Legal team in developing company-wide stances on certain content categories
- Advise the Social Media team to assess risk of fallout on major platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. for Creators with large web presences
- Index Creators accurately by topic using Teachables internal tools
- Excellent communication skills, big picture thinker
- Very high literacy using and investigating social media accounts
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve ambiguous content requirements
- 3+ years of experience moderating user-generated content on an online platform
- 2+ years of experience extracting information from databases (ex: SQL, Sigma,
- Familiarity developing policies that will be executed by other teams (Risk, Customer Care)
- Expertise in industry norms surrounding content moderation, and an interest in platform economics
- Comfort with working in a subjective, ambiguous area of decision making
- Experience building out operations and workflows from the ground up
- Must be able to work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Flexible holiday schedule
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.