New York, NY /
Marketing – Content /
Teachable’s brand and content team is looking to add a skilled, enthusiastic, and creative community manager to its tight-knit team of content experts. This is a pivotal role for the team with room for growth. The person in this role will have the opportunity to lead and innovate within one of the most active communities in the entrepreneurial space.
As community manager you will contribute to key marketing team and company metrics by ensuring that through our community offerings we improve customer LTV and increase our creators’ earning power.
You’ll take on management of our in-product, exclusive, members-only Teachable creator community. Your goal is to make membership in this community a vital piece of every creator’s success. You’ll build programs and interactions that provide creators a sense of enduring value and create demand for inclusion in our community. You’ll be a storyteller, discovering the unique life experiences of our members and collaborating with them and the wider marketing team to tell those stories in our content.
- Community strategy:
- Create, own, and execute a strategy for community at Teachable that:
- Builds and elevates a culture around sharing knowledge online with Teachable
- Fosters a sense of identity and belonging between members and our brand
- Builds lasting, genuine, and impactful relationships between our users
- Promotes member success within our platform
- Increases LTV and GMV
- Community experiences/events: Create scalable virtual or in-person (when we can again!) experiences for our member community that encourage engagement and growth and build value for members
- Manage day-to-day interactions within the community. Start meaningful conversations and foster connections
- Become an expert in community data. You’ll work to unearth patterns among our most successful members and foster their growing businesses through data-driven initiatives
- Content development:
- Develop a content calendar and pieces of content specifically for our member community, including:
- Content that supports events and virtual experiences, such as articles, guides, engagement posts, and emails
- Content that shares insights learned from our member community, such as blog posts on successful creators and reports on data and trends from our community
- Converting content developed for one-time events and virtual experiences into evergreen content that supports our campaigns and content strategy
- Project management & collaboration: Own planning, delegating, and executing projects that fall within the community strategy, collaborating with other team members when needed
- In-house member expert: Be a shared resource across departments to represent the member perspective by tapping into virtual and in person communities
- UGC: Create and maintain a pipeline of user generated content that demonstrates Teachable’s versatility and value and supports social, paid, and partnership efforts
- Build out a swag and gifting program that rewards our members for their commitment to the community
- Extremely organized and able to juggle multiple projects
- Data-driven mindset and an understanding of how to interpret customer data and put it to work in community strategy
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experienced storyteller who loves to collaborate
- Experience working with or within a larger marketing team
- Knowledge of how to drive quality conversations and engagement
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to use both creativity and scrappiness to build new initiatives from the ground up
- You collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure the community meets business goals and user needs
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and true passion for building communities
- 3+ years of experienced managing a large customer community for a startup or Saas platform
- Startup experience is a strong plus; extra credit for Saas platform experience
- Experience interpreting user data to grow a community
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.