New York, NY
Technology – Data
Teachable is looking for a talented Data Engineer to drive analytics and insights across the company while building out data driven features and experiments. You'll work across teams with Engineering, Product, and Growth to ensure we're collecting and analyzing information across multiple aspects of the product.
Working cross-functionally you will have the autonomy and latitude to design and create projects that help inform and evolve the core product. As our first Data Engineer, you will take ownership of our data management and be responsible for creating systems for data collection, analysis, and management. Alongside our Data Scientist and Data Analyst you will be a founding member of our Data Team and be integral to our data efforts. Our user base is expanding rapidly and you will be critical in helping us build scalable analytics to understand how each user interacts with our platform.
Who You Are
- 3+ Years of designing and implementing Data-centric applications
- Experience working with languages and technologies to deal with Data. Expert knowledge of python or one of the following: Java, Scala, SQL, Spark and/or Hadoop
- You’ve built and maintained Data Pipelines
- You are comfortable building business oriented Data Models
- You have extensive experience with Data Warehouses and related tools: Looker, Tableau, Redshift, or something similar
You might have:
- Previously Worked in a Backend Engineering capacity
- Implemented data collection from scratch
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $8m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Monthly company activities and outings
Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Tax-free commuter benefits