Full Stack Engineer – Growth
Remote (United States) /
Engineering – Engineering /
Teachable is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Growth Pod. We're a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education. On the Growth Pod, our mission is to enable more creators to experience the value of Teachable, as quickly and often as possible. We do that by collaborating closely among product, design, marketing, and engineering to build iteratively and launch high-impact A/B experiments to learn quickly.
As a Software Engineer on Growth, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You’ll help us understand our users, identify problems, ideate, and build out feature improvements and experiments.
You can read up on some of the growth team’s efforts in this post on open sourcing our A/B testing tool, OnRamp
- Be a strong technical partner across product and engineering to prioritize, estimate, make tradeoffs to maximize the impact on our creators
- Collaborate with design and product on research, prototyping, and iteration
- Parachute into different parts of the app and stack to create the optimal user experience, especially in the areas of onboarding, registration, user activation, and emails
- For a detailed look at how we work on the tech team at Teachable, check out our Operating Principles blogpost
What we’re looking for someone who:
- Is comfortable jumping into different parts of the codebase and collaborating across teams
- Has 3+ years of experience as a full stack engineer, with a specialization on either the front or back end
- Someone who is data-driven, experience with A/B testing, data instrumentation, and data analysis
- Has curiosity, humility, and ambition: you learn from both successes and failures
- Empowers teammates.
- Is receptive to feedback and has a track record of being a strong partner to product and design
- Deals well with ambiguity with a bias for practicality and a spark for creative technical solutions.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.