Content Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Growth & Marketing – Content
This role is on the content team, which is part of the larger growth and marketing team, a group of 15+ highly qualified marketers, developers, and designers. (We like to have fun too, don’t worry.) You’ll work closely with this team to get the resources you need for your projects, plus you’ll have the budget to automate and outsource when you need to.
- Develop a deep familiarity with an audience of course creators and online entrepreneurs looking to optimize and automate their businesses and make passive income online.
- Drive leads through content campaigns, events, projects, and strategic partnerships.
- Manage and execute monthly (or more) content marketing projects with tight deadlines and big goals (like acquiring 10,000 new leads or driving $20k in MRR).
- Identify content partnership opportunities (across all channels and media) to reach and retain a new audience.
- Work across the team to execute content funnels for use in paid acquisition and organic partnerships.
- Set up tracking and review analytics to report on and constantly improve marketing campaigns and funnels.
- Develop a content distribution strategy that can expand our reach outside of Teachable’s existing audience.
- Work with email marketing manager to track lead nurturing and set up custom nurturing flows based on lead source, user behavior, and customer lifecycle.
- Manage projects end-to-end, juggle competing priorities, coordinate with team members, and keep projects on track and on time.
- Create content from scratch, like webinars, downloadables, blog posts, videos, etc.
Who You Are
- You are at home using automation tools for distributing content (like email service providers and social media schedulers, etc.) and can pick up new tools quickly.
- You have in-depth experience with analytics platforms and have used data to inform strategy.
- You have created lead magnets (like downloadables, webinars, quizzes, etc.) from scratch
- You are a solid writer and editor and work quickly on these tasks.
- You like winning and are motivated by big goals.
- You like the pressure of a deadline and do your best work when you stick to a timeline.
- You can juggle lots of moving parts and keep a team organized to make a project successful
- (Nice-to-have) You’ve created and hosted webinars.
- (Nice-to-have) You’re technical and understand basic HTML, CSS
- (Nice-to-have) You’ve used the Teachable product before
How to Apply:
Write a 500-words (or less) cover letter telling us why you’re the right candidate for the job.
Submit by uploading on the application page, under "Cover Letter Assignment."
Make sure to include:
> Your content/digital marketing experience
> Your project management experience
> Metrics to prove how effective you’ve been in previous roles
> 3 ideas for growing leads and traffic at Teachable using content marketing
PROTIP: Don’t just write a resume in a cover letter format. Send us something that really tells us who you are. We're way more interested in what you can DO and what you care about than what your resume says. ;)
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $8m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Monthly company activities and outings
Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Tax-free commuter benefits