Customer Support Specialist (Contract role)
Remote (United States) /
Sales & Operations – Customer Operations /
At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. Teachable Creators have tens of thousands of active creators who’ve reached more than 45 million students around the world, teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will delight our Creators by providing solutions to customer issues, and acting as a liaison between internal support teams and customers. You’ll be part of a best-in-class customer support organization that has a unique position in being able to work directly with our Creators and help scaffold their online businesses to new heights.
This is a contract position with an expected end date of early July, 2023. You'll be assigned a specific shift (8 hours per day / 40 hours per week).
Our customer support team operates seven days a week, 365 days a year, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
We’re looking for someone with flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Provide a world-class customer support experience by efficiently and enthusiastically delivering solutions to creators, and empowering them to get the most out of the Teachable platform
- Become an expert on the functionality and capabilities of the Teachable platform, and stay up to date on our rapidly evolving product offering
- Drive business goals by consistently meeting/exceeding individual and team KPIs, and demonstrating a sense of urgency in communicating with our creators
- Collaborate cross-departmentally by reporting customer feedback and insights to our marketing, product and engineering teams
- Iterate on our internal team processes as the Teachable product continues to evolve
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years providing high-volume email/live chat support, preferably in SaaS
- Strong computer skills to learn and work within multiple systems (must be able to type at least 40 wpm)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills: you are comfortable translating complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Emotional intelligence and an empathetic inclination to understand what the customer is saying versus what they mean
- Curiosity for learning - you enjoy taking on new challenges and are able to quickly distill learnings in a fast paced environment to best support our Creators and teams
- High level of technical aptitude; the ability to pick up new technologies quickly and explain complex concepts simply
- Working knowledge and experience using helpdesk tools such as ZenDesk, Salesforce, Intercom or similar
- Prior experience with technical troubleshooting
- Passionate about both teaching and learning
- Results driven: If you see something that can be done differently, you take action, and advocate on behalf of our creators
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the hourly salary range is $20 - $25 dollars an hour.
- We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
While Teachable maintains our NY office for local employees to use, we operate as remote-first culture in order to give our employees added flexibility. In order to maintain connection and create a community beyond the screen, Teachable holds company-wide, in-person events 2-3 times per year, where employees and teams can come together for team bonding, strategic alignment, goal-setting, and celebrations!
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.