Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
Teachable’s mission is to “empower Creators to monetize their expertise.” Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. (Examples of our Creators and their offerings can be found here, here and here.) We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable.
Teachable is seeking a creative, analytical and results-driven product marketing manager to join our growing product marketing team. The product marketing function brings products to market through positioning/messaging and field enablement (sales, customer success, marketing), and plays a key role in market research, being the voice of the customer and finding product-market fit.
The ideal candidate will combine their knowledge of our target audience, strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills to deliver strategies that drive business revenue and adoption. The ideal candidate is also expected to work closely with the Director of Product Marketing (whom this role reports into) to set visions and strategies for the team in support of Teachable’s broader goals.
- Drive go-to-market strategy and guide execution of new features and product launches by working closely with product pods and the product operations team
- Create positioning and messaging that differentiates our product and makes Teachable the obvious product of choice for our target customers
- Partner with content and acquisition marketing on campaigns by providing compelling narratives and bring those campaigns to life across channels (Comms, PR, Web, Social, etc.)
- Develop sales materials and train sales teams (inbound and outbound) on personas, competitive intelligence, and product features to increase win rates and reduce sales friction
- Be the expert in the product, and develop industry and customer expertise and insights to influence the product roadmap
- Work with product and customer success on the onboarding experience to increase trial to paid conversion and upgrades
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of total work experience, with 1-3 years in product marketing preferred
- Sharp attention to detail with exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and have a “make it happen” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to quickly dive into data and find insights
- Excellent writing skills and a love for writingGrowth mindset, open to feedback and learning
- Experience in product-led startups a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.