Manager of Customer Success
New York, NY /
Customer Success & Sales – Customer Success & Sales /
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and monetizing expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Our Sales and Customer Success department owns sales, customer support and customer success and works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for a Manager of Customer Success, reporting to the VP of Sales and Customer Success, to join our team to manage a growing and evolving post sales Customer Success team. This individual will oversee a small but growing team focused on customer onboarding, and ongoing success strategies to ensure that our customers achieve the maximum value of our product, and inspire in them retention and brand loyalty. This is a very unique and special role for a proven people manager who has a passion for, and deep experience in, customer success and growing highly effective teams.
- Act as a player coach- taking on some of the Customer Success responsibilities as we develop a playbook across the post sales customer journey
- Coach on customer success skills and process, and meeting/exceeding team goals
- Hold weekly team meetings including 1:1s to discuss performance and growth/development opportunities
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and Sales Operations team to improve cross team metrics and analytics, cross-departmental process, as well as develop and enforce disciplinary policies, procedures, and productivity standards, to ensure that we are collectively achieving our department goals
- Evaluate trends in customer interactions with team members and process, implementing a course of action and evaluating outcomes for the betterment of team performance
- Act as a customer advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- 3+ years in a customer success management role for a SaaS business, dealing with SMB customers, with a deep understanding of customer success process and structure, and consistently meeting or exceeding team goals
- Experience working in an ever changing, fast growing organization
- Operationally minded, with a clear ability to build structure and repeatable process in an ambiguous environment
- Strong talent developer with a track record of coaching team members, supporting their success, and holding them accountable
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded
- Experience as a customer success individual contributor is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.