New York, NY /
Engineering – IT /
Teachable is looking to bring on our first IT Manager! We are looking for an Information Technology Manager who will support the needs of our rapidly scaling organization defining our IT architecture, strategy and processes. You will partner across our organization to create, implement, and maintain internal technology systems while supporting the hardware needs of our rapidly expanding headcount. Reporting to our CTO, you will be a part of a team that maintains our cybersecurity processes and keeps our employees, data, and users safe and running smoothly. You are a technology specialist who is solutions-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT while managing individual employee hardware needs across the organization
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Act as IT systems administrator and support in-office reconfiguration in as we adapt to a new hybrid work model in 2021 (we are fully remote through September 2021)
- 5+ years of experience directly managing high-performing IT support or operations teams, or commensurate experience
- We are primarily a Mac-based environment; however PC support may also be required. Minimum 3 years of professional Mac OS-related troubleshooting/support experience.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- In-depth practical knowledge, troubleshooting and administration of commonly used SaaS applications. At Teachable this would include Okta, G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, Intune, Zapier etc
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.