Senior Product Designer - Community
Remote (United States) /
Product – Product Design /
We are looking for a customer obsessed Senior Product Designer to join our new Community product. The ideal candidate is someone who has a high level of intuition and judgment around user experience to drive successful initiatives.
You will be responsible for building Community from the ground up, creating an ideal space for our customers to grow and nurture their audiences. You’ll collaborate closely with Engineering, Data, Product, Customer Success, and Marketing.
You will report to the Product Design Manager on the Learning team.
- Empathize - Drive discovery research, including primary and secondary research and analysis, to unlock opportunities and develop innovative solutions. Answer the fundamental question of "what should we build in the first place?" and guide the team towards successful outcomes.
- Advocate – Advocate for the customer in strategic decision-making, balancing customer needs with business outcomes. Your passion for design and dedication to quality will drive the success of your team and product..
- Commit – Take full ownership of your design work from start to finish. Generate ideas based on user research and insights, bring them to life through sketches and prototyping, and collaborate with the team to ship your validated designs. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure the success of every project, from initial concept to final delivery.
- Optimize – Use rapid experimentation to validate product direction, hypotheses, concepts, and usability, and constantly iterate to improve the design. Your curiosity and willingness to test and learn will drive the success of our products and team, and help us stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing market.
- Communicate – As a designer, your ability to effectively communicate and drive alignment will be crucial to the success of our products and team. Maintain close feedback loops and keep key stakeholders, the design team, and leadership informed of product strategy, decisions, progress, and results, and use your exceptional storytelling skills to drive collaboration and success.
- Evaluate – Collaborate with your team to establish and monitor metrics to measure success and inform future iteration. Assessing the success of our products and features from both a product and usability perspective will be crucial to our success, and will help us continuously improve and innovate.
- 4+ years of professional product design experience, bonus points if you have experience with online communities
- Experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies
- A portfolio with case studies showcasing your product design work
- That spark of curiosity that drives you to create great experiences for your users
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $140,000 - $155,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
While Teachable maintains our NY office for local employees to use, we operate as a remote-first culture in order to give our employees added flexibility. In order to maintain connection and create a community beyond the screen, Teachable holds company-wide, in-person events 2-3 times per year, where employees and teams can come together for team bonding, strategic alignment, goal-setting, and celebrations!
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with an option covering up to 100% of monthly premiums Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Gym/Wellness reimbursement up to $100 in pre-tax dollars per month
One-time $500 Work from Home (WFH) purchase card for new hires and ongoing WFH monthly reimbursement for certain home expenses of up to $100 per month
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.