Senior Product Designer - Creator Success
New York, NY /
Product – Product Design /
Teachable is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help our creators through the workflows of creating and maintaining their knowledge content on the platform. You will help thousands of small business owners convert their knowledge into income.
Our development teams are structured into cross-functional Product Engineering pods each consisting of 3-5 engineers and 3 pod leads: An Engineering Lead, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. The pod leads are collectively responsible for executing on the pod’s mission.
As a Senior Product Designer at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Product to ship an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students. You will build end-to-end experiences that drive innovative solutions and elevate our product experience. The Product Designer role on our Creator Success team will play an instrumental role in how creators package and share their knowledge.
Our customers trust us to be their business partners and we need YOU to come play a critical role in fulfilling this promise.
- You’ll work closely with your Cross-functional peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different platforms and tasks and play a key role in designing processes and guidelines.
- In partnership with Product and Engineering, you will identify user research needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through investigative research and usability tests that take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- As a Senior member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to mentor a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet evolving requirements of good design across our product.
- You will actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
- You’ll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations.
- You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to company leaders across functions.
- Be a driving force for our P.E.O.P.L.E. Principles, tearing down x-functional chasms.
Who you are:
- You have 5-8+ years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- You love design -- the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities -- and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create great experiences.
- You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else, and know how to sell design and advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- You are a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently. You have led others to solve complex problems with broad impact on the business, and are able to mentor more junior designers.
- You are active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company. You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way. You have been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You have helped others on their team maintain design system consistency/principles and adhere to design values & design best practices.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.