Software Engineer - Internal Tools
New York, NY
Technology – Engineering
At Teachable, we’re looking for an Internal Tools Engineer to join our fast-growing engineering team, where we believe that great teams thrive on great tools. As an Internal Tools Engineer at Teachable, you’ll improve the jobs of everyone around you, increasing the stability and efficiency of team workflows and allowing us to serve our customers smarter and faster.
Working closely with the team, you will help manage our internal staff application and other tools which enable teams across the company to run more efficiently, and troubleshoot instructor accounts. Our platform supports thousands of instructors and millions of students, so there is no shortage of challenges to tackle—but that's what keeps things interesting.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working between teams—mainly Customer Care and Engineering teams—helping the organization be as productive as possible.
- Building on our internal staff application in a way that tackles the specific needs of the organization.
- Identifying Customer Care’s needs when assisting customers and iterating quickly to figure out what tools they need to be productive and help our instructors succeed.
- Equipping us with the tools we need to grow and improve the product and support experience for thousands of online instructors and millions of students.
- Automating common workflows and defining + building other improvements to make the company more efficient.
Who You Are
- Engineer with experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Team player—you believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and gain satisfaction when our teams are productive
- Problem solver: you enjoy finding solutions and taking on a project others have put on the back burner doesn’t scare you
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $8m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Monthly company activities and outings
Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Tax-free commuter benefits