Customer Success Manager
New York, NY /
Sales & Operations – Customer Success & Sales /
We believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Our Sales teams work to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager, reporting to our Manager of Customer Success, to join our team to help our creators get the most value out of the Teachable product. The Customer Success Manager will partner with creators to develop strategies to increase their earning power, by leveraging features that enhance the student experience, and diversify the creator knowledge delivery and monetization methods. This is a critical role at Teachable, where you will develop and execute tactics and processes that will grow creator GMV (gross merchandise value, or their total sales) and increase creator retention.
- Own a book of business, and develop a trusted relationship with creators where your expertise about the Teachable product and industry knowledge are sought after, ultimately increasing creator retention and loyalty
- Identify opportunities for creators to expand their offerings and use more features that will improve the quality of the creator’s end product, improve the creator’s student experience, and increase the creator’s GMV
- Create processes and proactively reach out to creators at key moments to engage and and retain them.
- Experiment with new tactics and strategies to improve the team’s process and outcomes, and iterate and adapt as we grow
- Help improve product adoption and development by rolling out changes to our highest value creators, and collecting feedback on our current product and services
- Act as a creator advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience in working with our product and services for our internal teams
- 2+ years in a Customer Success, or equivalent, role for a SaaS business
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and comfortable in a sales environment
- Exceptional customer focus with a record of working with sizeable account lists in a post-sales/customer retention environment
- Inherent sales and marketing skills as well as a deep interest in the online and creator economy. A strong understanding about what makes online businesses succeed will be necessary in order to help our customers experience impactful moments as quickly as possible.
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.