People Business Partner, HRBP
New York, NY /
People – People /
At Teachable, we build products that transform the experience and know-how of independent professionals into thriving online businesses. We believe shared knowledge has the power to change lives, and our mission is to enable people to share what they know.
Teachable has built a talented team of over 150 employees across New York City, Durham, and Las Vegas. We continue to hire rapidly, expanding to over 200 in 2021, and are looking for a People Business Partner (HRBP) to support the scale, growth, and development of our employees, managers, and leaders. You will help lay the foundation for strong strategic partnerships with our functional department leads and managers in helping them design organization structures that scale the business while also supporting employee career development, performance feedback, and growth that align with business objectives.
In this role, you will work closely with specific business units to understand their work processes, products, workflows, and business goals and align people practices to support those teams in achieving company objectives while also supporting people & culture strategies around employee retention, engagement, and diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging goals.
This role reports directly to the Director of People Operations.
- Take an integrated but consultative approach to partnering with departmental leaders and people managers in designing organizational structures that support our scale-up
- Build and run the people & culture strategy for your client groups around growth, workforce planning, succession planning, benchmarking, retention, engagement, etc.
- Partner with the Recruitment team to create talent pipelines, define new roles, interview key talent where needed, and identify skill gaps or future hires
- Work with managers to identify salary bands, career levels, and team competencies
- Maintain and share data and metrics around people performance, employee engagement scores, with your client group managers and leaders
- Roll out people processes including performance management, compensation planning, and career development programs to your client groups
- Help drive and embed diversity practices into day-to-day operations
- Coach and support leaders, people managers, and employees on best practices around people management, career development, giving and receiving feedback, professional growth, and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Partner with managers on performance improvement initiatives, career development action plans, training initiatives, conflict resolution, and other employee concerns
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience as an HRBP or similar role
- At least 1 professional experience working in a fast-growing startup
- You are a team player, low ego and highly collaborative. Empathetic, energetic, and engaging attitude--connecting with employees in a way that creates trust, support, and positivity
- High level of integrity--maintaining confidentiality and privacy protection for all employee and company data and information
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and detail focused--you look to fix and support and keep accurate records and documentation at all times
- Eager, self-driven learner who is looking for an opportunity to help shape best practices in a growing organization and People team
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Deep passion for creating learning and development opportunities for your client group
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Thoughtful partner to the department leads and managers in all their people related matters
- Business-minded to make sure people decisions are strategic and help serve company goals
- People-minded to make sure we continue to create a great place to work
- Experienced with: G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom, and HR systems such as Lattice and BambooHR
- Experience in leading or being part of an acquisition or IPO process
- Experience in global companies and aligning people practices at an international level
- Ability to speak another language such as Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- Experience with compensation practices for sales- and commission-based organizations and multi-geographic customer care organizations and exempt/non-exempt populations
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.