Account Executive - Outbound
New York, NY /
Customer Success & Sales – Sales /
We believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our growing sales team as a full cycle sales representative. This Account Executive, working with an SDR, will bring the power of our platform to qualified prospects and convert them to successful customers. This is a critical role at Teachable as it is directly connected with our company growth targets for 2021. It will require not only strong sales acumen, but some operational aptitude as we continue to refine our best practices and build a high performing sales team.
- Own a sales pipeline, organize and track prospects and opportunities in a sales CRM, and guide them along the sales process from initial outreach through demos, and any contract or subscription agreements
- Have a “hunter’s mentality”-utilizing a multi-channel strategy to prospect and a “closing attitude” using different forms of outreach via email, social media, and outbound calling
- Work closely with SDR to make sure hand off is a smooth transition
- Respond to potential clients in a timely manner via phone and/or email
- Manage time efficiently to stay on top of active leads
- Develop strong product and application knowledge to successfully answer customer questions
- Successfully and consistently meet sales targets
- Act as a customer advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- 2+ years in a sales role for a SaaS business, dealing with SMB customers
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded
- Exceptional customer focus
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, organized and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.