Senior Indirect Tax Accountant
Finance – Finance /
At Teachable, we believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Developing and maintaining strong accounting practices is critical to our ability to scale. If you have a strong eye for detail, are good with numbers and are passionate about helping Creators build thriving businesses, we encourage you to apply for this role, which reports directly to our Sales Tax Manager.
- Assist in sales tax and VAT/GST compliance. Teachable has customers in virtually every country in the world and our tax compliance efforts are increasingly global in scope
- Assist in answering sales tax and VAT/GST related questions from both Creators (customers) as well as internal stakeholders
- Assist in gathering audit work papers, data and schedules to taxing authorities
- Conduct sales tax and VAT related research, maintain taxability matrix, and stay up to date on various law changes in the U.S.
- Maintain registration in the US and outside of the US
- Maintain exemption documentation and update our systems accordingly
- Prepare monthly and quarterly returns/filings; manage remittances
- Assist in reviewing new products and revenue streams for taxability status
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- Strong written communication skills with fluency in English
- At least 3+ years experience doing indirect tax work including compliance and audit in a technology company, SaaS a plus
- Experience with Vertex Cloud or Alvara
- Strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to different scenarios in a startup environment
- Proficient in MS Office and the G Suite
- Have a great understanding of sales tax law, nexus, marketplace facilitator laws
- Sales Tax School I certificate a plus
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.